I didn't do a damn thing this weekend except lay on the couch, drink wine and mimosas and occasionally eat some less than exciting food. It was awesome. We watched that new movie "Now You See Me".. umm, amazing! I highly recommend it. We caught up on some DVR crap and planned our next trip to Vegas. While bumming out in front of the tv I realized that the powerball jackpot is now at $245 million. If you win, you will officially have more money than these people:
Nick Cannon - $20 million (without adding Mariah's money, she's got $510mil)
Kim Kardashian - $40 million
Tom Brady - $120 million
Miley Cyrus - $150 million (you can now afford a stage full of dancing teddy bears also)
Rachel McAdams - $14 million
Will Smith - $200 million (ok after taxes, you will probably have the same-ish)
Justin Bieber - $130 million. (so you can tell him to pipe the fuck down.)
Bruce Willis - $150 million
Donald Trump's son - $150 million
Floyd Mayweather - $170 million
Jenna Jameson - $30 million
Rachel Zoe - $2.5 millon (I was super shocked by this. She seems to live way wealthier and given her jobs and brand I thought she'd have at least $10mil)
Nicole Richie - $5 million (another that I expected would be way higher.)
Claire Danes - $20 million
Robert De Niro - $185 million
Miranda Lambert - $18 million
Quentin Tarantino - $90 million
I don't know about you, but some of these people I really expected to have much more. What would you even do with that amount of money? Richard Branson is so rich, he made a spaceship. Legit, your childhood dreams of going to space are now a reality because of him and his money. It's genius.
What would you really do if you won? The boyfriend and I discuss this all the time.
1) First things first... get a lawyer! I don't care how much we love eachother, that is way too much money. Be smart!
2) Property. We would for sure buy a home out here by the beach (nothing crazy because I plan on traveling more than being home). And most definitely buy a place back home in MA. And we'd probably buy a condo either somewhere here in CA or in Vegas and rent it out. Our homes would have things like THIS.
3) Family. I would hook up my brother and sister, big time and I would buy my mom the simple home she's always wanted. The boyfriend has a few more people than me that he would help out (that would be outta his half! haha).
4) Investment. We've talked about opening a business. As well as an idea he and his cousin came up with that could easily turn into billions, but requires a good chunk up front.
5) Vehicles. I'm not a car freak, I really don't care much. Like I would probably get a Jeep or a sport Ranger. Pretty sure he would waste his money on a Ferrari (that he would probably die in), a sick motorcycle (since he sold his to move here with me), and probably a hooked up Range Rover.
6) Well duh, it would be time for new wardrobes. Come on. And personal trainers and a chef.