Today I have another super healthy one for you. This is 100% Paleo friendly, so it's a meal for everyone! When I made these, I made enough to take some to work for lunch everyday. These are so beyond easy and you can do so many variations. I went with zucchini and spinach because that's what I had on hand, but you can add peppers, basil, celery (barf!), mushrooms (barf!) and even carrots! Any veggies you love!
What you need:
2 pounds of grass fed beef
some baby spinach
lots of garlic
1 cup almond meal
What you do: Oh man this is easy....
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Chop up all your veggies very small, set aside
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a small bowl (almond meal and seasonings)
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl
- With the beef in a large bowl, dump all the other ingredients in and mix it all up with your hands. Don't be afraid to get dirty, that's what soap and water is for.
- Mix it enough so that everything is basically mixed evenly, but don't over mix because it will make the meat tough when it cooks.
- Grease a pan
- MAKE MEATBALLS! About 1 1/2 inch in diameter and lay them on the pan and put them in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes.
When I made these, I don't think I had any intention of posting them. So, this is the only picture I've got.
You can enjoy these alone as a snack, or make a meal out of them with your favorite tomato sauce over some spaghetti squash.