Let's try this Recipe Week thing again, shall we? Let's kick it off with some super simple healthy fried chicken. Although I made the decision this past weekend to drop the paleo life I was trying to succeed in, I'm going to be posting paleo friendly recipes. I've been sitting on them and would love to share them. You don't have to be paleo to eat this, they're just approved for those who are paleo. These are for everyone!
What you will need:
grass fed butter (Kerrygold)
What you will do:
1. Chop up your zucchini and set aside. Chop up tons of fresh garlic and set aside.
2. Make your "breading" mixture. Dump some almond flour in a bowl (however much you think you will need for whatever amount of chicken you have. I eyeball everything, I never measure.) Season the almond flour with whatever you like, I chose garlic powder (tons of it!), dried parsley, paprika, black pepper, and a little salt. And mix it all up!
3. Crack an egg or 2 and whisk in a bowl. Then bathe the chicken in it's children, and let the kids drip off a bit.
4. Heat your pan on medium and drop in lots of grass fed butter.
5. While the butter is melting, bread the chicken in the almond flour mixture and cover all over.
6. When the pan is hot, throw those babies in and start browning them! Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side. This will depend on how thick your pieces are, so make sure to check if they are cooked through. In the last couple minutes, I put a cover on the pan to keep the moisture in. Add more butter if the pan gets dry.
While your chicken is cooking, heat some Kerrygold in a pan again. When it's melting, throw in your zucchini and garlic and season it with salt/pepper. Mix it all around and place a cover on top, set the temp to low and let them steam and mix them up every few minutes until they are soft and slightly transparent.
When everything is done, smile and nom.
All PR recipes can be seen here - Recipes
And just cuz I'm in a much better mood this week than I was last week, THANKS TO SO MANY OF YOU AND YOUR SUPPORT, I am offering 40% off ALL ad spaces today!
Use promo code: justcuz