Blogging Goals: Yes, I have them. Just because I decided to start making YouTube videos, doesn't mean I'm totally ditching this place. I realize that I have been very "meh" in the blog world this year. But if you were following along, I was going through some "self awareness" shit and I really just didn't have much to come here and say very often. And sadly, putting my own blog on the back burner caused me to put some of yours there as well. I don't read as much, and I certainly don't comment as much (when I do read). And even more importantly, I got really bad at replying to comments on my own posts. Yep, I became one of those. And I'm sorry. Forgive me? So in realizing all of this, my blogging goals moving forward are as follows:
- Interact more with my readers
- Read my favorite blogs at least once a week
- Hit up the blogs of some new readers that comment on my posts
- Post more than 4 times a month (think I can aim for twice a week?)
- Comment more on the blogs I do read, instead of just "read and leave"
"Save the excuses. It's not about having time, it's about making time.
If it matters, you will make time."
Life Goals: I don't even know where to begin with this because I had so many changes in 2014 and there are things that are still changing everyday and Robert and I have big changes that are moving fast and will be huge by this time next year. <- not wedding or baby related! But I think what I need to concentrate on most in my life are still the things within myself. I'm still learning to find peace, and to be calm in situations that don't require me to go from 0-100. And I'm still lacking the ability to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But seriously, why is that so hard? I'm going to continue working on becoming a better me with the following:
- Say kind things to myself
- Figure out some kind of food and exercise regimen that I won't randomly give up on
- Be more supportive of others
- Maintain better contact and relationships with family and friends that are 3000 miles away
- Stop being late to work every.single.day AKA get more sleep
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."
YouTube Goals: Weeeeee! I suppose this list could be really long or really short. For the sake of keeping things simple, we'll go with short. For the months leading up to me actually starting the channel, I was adding video ideas to a list in my phone. There are currently 31 things on that list and some of those things have a list within them. So I'm definitely prepared with ideas but always wanting more so tell me what you'd like to see! If you watched my most recent video (skipping to 3:01) you'd think I've got the "stage fright" thing under control. But I don't. Every time I turn the camera on, I freeze, I panic, I talk to myself, I start my intro 109539 times, and all the awkward stumbling is edited out. Having said that, confidence is clearly on this list:
- Don't let the nerves get to me
- Be more comfortable and confident
- Purchase a better camera (eyes on the Canon 70D)
- Sharpen my editing skills/drop iMovie and purchase Final Cut Pro
- Build my audience
So listen up 2015, I'm coming for you. With last years post, I thought I'd have a handle on 2014 but that bitch snatched me up and tried to drown me. But I've put my scuba gear on and I'm ready to dive in!
"Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks.
Life is happening now."
Most recent video: 50 Facts About Me
please subscribe. pretty please?