I started realizing what they really were when he began playing them every time we were in the car. If I remember correctly, the first one for me way back when was Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, and since I love him, I got hooked. But then I moved onto other comedians that have podcasts, then YouTubers, reality stars, and on and on and now I can't stop.
If you've been watching my YouTube channel for awhile, you know that Robert and I started a podcast also -but it failed- and we haven't managed to sit back down with it again, yet. But once we do, I'll be back to let you know! In the meantime, I want to share with you the podcasts that I'm currently attached to.
1. The Jenna & Julien Podcast - Obvi I listen to them. Their show is pretty chill and laid back, they kinda just kick it. Sometimes they'll have a guest on (like other YouTubers, her mom, etc) sometimes they'll have a particular topic like conspiracy theories, or something/someone big in current news, sometimes they'll play a game like celebrity trivia or personality tests. You never know what you're going to be tuning into but you know it's always going to be fun! They also film the podcast so you can watch them here.
2. The Joe Rogan Experience - I don't listen to all of the episodes because they are quite long, but when I do listen, I learn SO much. He has a massive variety of guests - comedians, actors, musicians, authors, fighters, scientists, doctors, etc. I typically like to tune in when he has the scientists and doctors on, that's when I learn things I'd never imagine.
3. Shane and Friends - Shane Dawson gives me the LOLZ so hard. If foul language and crude talk are not your thing, I wouldn't suggest this one. But if you are down with that, this is hilarious and beyond. His co-host is Jesse Buttafuoco (yes, the daughter of infamous Joey - that whole Amy Fisher thing), she is so hysterical, they make such a great team to keep the laughs coming. Their guests are usually other YouTubers but sometimes they have other friends, their moms, D-listers like Tara Reid and Farrah Abraham, etc.
4. Your Moms House - Married comedians, Tom Segura and Christina Pazsitsky! If you recognize her name from back in the 90s, it's because she was on Road Rules. Anyways, this is another laid back and kick it style podcast giving you all the laughs. As they describe it "if you enjoy 7th grade humor"... they really get you in the giggle gut. They also take the podcast on tour and Robert and I were lucky enough to get in on one a couple years ago. I posted about that here!
5. Guys We Fucked - To put it simply, this is an "anti-slut shaming podcast" where comedians Corrine Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson share their stories about all the guys they have sex with. I love this one because it feels like you're just hanging out with your friends!
6. Loveline - I think everyone knows this one. Dr Drew and Mike Catherwood take calls from listeners and offer medical and relationship advice. Sometimes Mike is a little too much for me, like dude where is your chill? But I'm so interested in all the calls and you'd be surprised at what you can learn!
7. Straight Up With Stassi - This is most likely only going to matter to fans of the show Vanderpump Rules... Stassi has her own podcast! Every Thursday you can catch her just shootin' the shit with a guest that will be one of her friends, or family member or cast mate that she's still friends with. I find Stassi intriguing and for some reason I'm super interested in all her drama.
8. Pumped - Another one that's geared to fans of Pump Rules (which comes back Nov 2nd!!!) This podcast is hosted by a few fans that started off just gossiping about the show and the cast. They started inviting cast members to be guests each week and it's like getting the behind the scenes facts on what Bravo chooses to show us! Along any other gossip and details they wanna share! I'm really excited for this podcast to come back when season 4 starts airing.
9. That's Deep Bro - Christina Pazsitsky makes the list again! She hosts her own podcast outside of Your Moms House. This is a much different vibe where she discusses deep topics like depression, grief, self sabotage, mental illness, and much more. Occasionally she will have a guest but for the most part she rides solo on this one.
10. Not Too Deep with Grace - You may know Grace Helbig from her YouTube channel or her show on E! She always has a guest, as it's a hilarious and silly interview style podcast and she also does some sort of popular internet challenge with each guest. Recently she did the Urban Dictionary Challenge with Jenna!
11. Serial - Even if you're not into podcasts, I'm sure you've heard of this one as it was a pretty huge deal. The entire season is based on one topic, season one focused on a murder case that was littered with holes in the story and we're still not sure if Adnan, who was convicted of killing his girlfriend, is guilty or innocent. Season two is supposed to be focused on a Sgt that was held for five years by the Taliban. I saw a rumor that season two starts in November but haven't seen any confirmation at all.
And in case you missed it when I mentioned in one of last week's posts, here's a bonus one for you bloggers out there: Ask Pat. I like that one because each episode is an answer to one question a listener asks. So the episodes are super short and right to the point.
Do you listen to podcasts? If so, what are some of your favorite ones?